Company: Stratas Foods
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the
Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in
North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged
dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in
October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies
(ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX;
Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN;
and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We
are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing
the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to
make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team
capable of meeting our business goals.
As a key member of the Finance/Accounting management team, this
role is responsible for managing accuracy of the financial
statements, internal and external audits in the areas managed by
the department. With a thorough understanding of the accounting
procedures and impacts, this role will provide senior management
with timely and accurate reporting and drive business
The Finance Manager will provide strong mentorship, leadership, and
guidance to directly managed accountants and other staff
Finance Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the fair presentation of the balance sheet for the
corporation and the integrity of the reconciliations supporting the
balance sheet accounts.
- Conduct thorough balance sheet reconciliations by leading
monthly balance sheet review meetings ensuring issues are
identified, rectified and controls remediated on a timely
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financials, month-end
close, tax preparation and monthly reporting package for leadership
team including variance analysis.
- Analyze financial statements including P&L, balance sheet,
and working capital to identify opportunities to improve the
- Lead implementations of any new accounting standards.
- Create and lead the development of policies, procedures and
process flows to support the internal control environment for the
corporation. Develop a strong understanding of Risk Matrix,
Financial Controls and GAAP.
- Support Internal and External audits by providing timely and
sufficient workpapers and response to audit inquiries. Demonstrate
ownership of the financial statements and the related
- Evaluate accounting processes and develop plans to improve
controls, efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Manage the overall performance and development of the team.
Interview, hire and develop employees, and conduct performance
- Build strong teams by improving engagement, collaboration, and
- Drive Process improvement for both transactional and value add
- Develop annual budgets for the plant operations and analyze
variance drivers to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Minimum Bachelor s Degree Emphasis in Accounting /
Finance. MBA, CPA preferred
Related Experience: 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
with 0-3 years of supervisory experience preferably in an
environment with 10+ employees; preference with CPG or related
industry with heavy marketing programs and commodity product
Keywords: Stratas Foods, Jonesboro , Finance Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!