Administrative Assistant, Student Administration (Jonesboro)
Company: New York Institute of Technology
Posted on: March 17, 2020
OverviewNew York Institute of Technology offers 90
undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more
than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and
cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and
design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and
digital technologies; management; communications and marketing;
education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A
nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of
higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide.
The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New
York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well
as programs around the world.--New York Tech embraces its mission
to provide career-oriented professional education, give all
qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and
scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000
alumni comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators
prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and
reinvent the future.--For more information, visit
nyit.edu.--ResponsibilitiesNew York Institute of Technology College
of Osteopathic Medicine in Jonesboro, Arkansas is currently
recruiting for an Administrative Assistant. ------Principal
- Assist department Dean and office peers with routine
- Answer telephone and route appropriately; greet department
students, visitors and guests; liaison between students and faculty
to answer questions and solve problems, as instructed.
- Rotate to cover receptionist lunch approximately once a
- Schedule and coordinate department calendar, meetings and
special events, as needed; this position is instrumental in the
planning of White Coat, Commencement and Match for the campus.
- Take meeting notes, type minutes and distribute as
- Requisition Purchase Orders in Oracle data system and
receive/submit invoices for payment; make purchased on a P-Card and
reconcile monthly; assist Dean and other office peers with
reconciling their P-Card, as needed.
- Assist with department budget and monitor during fiscal year;
provide budget updates to Dean and department directors. There are
7-8 budgets for this department.
- Make travel arrangements and type itinerary for department
staff, as needed.
- Keep inventory and order supplies and promotional items, as
- All other duties as assignedQualifications--
- Associates Degree preferred with 2-3 years
Administrative/Office experience or High School diploma with 3-5
years Administrative Office experience.
- Prior experience overseeing multiple budgets, billing and
budget balancing is required
- Prior experience working in a medical school or healthcare
field highly preferred.
- High proficiency with computers and office equipment; ability
to use various software including advanced knowledge of Microsoft
Office, specifically Excel.
- Ability to be professional and maintain confidentiality as
directed by FERPA
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills;
ability to express oneself clearly in written and oral
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Genuine desire to meet the needs of others.--Please submit
cover letter & resume for consideration------New York Institute of
Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity--
Keywords: New York Institute of Technology, Jonesboro , Administrative Assistant, Student Administration (Jonesboro), Administration, Clerical , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!