Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician
Company: Riggs CAT
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician is responsible for
providing high quality repair service on equipment, in order to
respond to customer needs in a positive, caring and timely manner
and to ensure maximum value for work performed.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components,
and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Use hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools,
instruments and laptops.
- Understand basic manuals, schematics, and parts books and
- Maintain basic working knowledge of engine and compressor
- Troubleshoot systems for errors.
- Mastery level knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools,
precision measuring tools and instruments, laptops, diagnostic
software and cranes and rigging equipment
- Complete assigned jobs and task to meet flat rate times and
- Work safely and follow all Riggs safety policies and
- Complete related paperwork and access databases required to
complete job (work order, parts order, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS web,
BMTS) accurately and timely.
- Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- This position requires the ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, procedure manuals and write routine reports and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and
the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages. Ability to
calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area,
circumference, and volume as required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and the
ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in
- Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; and Order
- Clean driving record for field assignment
- Must be at least 21 to be assigned and operate field
- Must be able to complete DOT physical
- May require MSHA certification
- Flexibility to work various schedules
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the
needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Riggs CAT, Jonesboro , Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician, Engineering , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!