Generator Field Technician
Company: Riggs CAT
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Generator Field Tech is responsible for providing high quality
repair service on equipment, in order to respond to customer needs
in a positive, caring and timely manner and to ensure maximum value
for work performed.
-Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair large generators at customer
Complete assigned jobs and task to meet flat rate times and re-do
- Complete related paperwork and access databases required to
complete job (work order, parts order, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS web,
etc) accurately and timely.
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components,
and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for
repairs and make all critical Rental repairs and adjustments.
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and
- Apply general failure analysis and procedures to determine proper
- Responsible for developing relationships with customers to retain
and build future business
- Repair systems as required. Systems include but not limited to -
EP Generators, Automatic Transfer switches, Paralleling
Switchgears, Electric Governors, Battery Chargers, Manual Clutches,
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or suggest
three to five years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos and the ability to write simple
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Ability to provide accurate information to management for
- Obtain or currently possess adequate tooling to perform
- Clean driving record and ability to obtain CDL within 90 days of
hire for field assignment, must be 21 to be assigned and operate
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk
or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions;
high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside
weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is
occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee
must be able to frequently lift 20 pounds and 50 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 50%.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the
needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
EEO/AA - Non-Exempt/Hourly
Keywords: Riggs CAT, Jonesboro , Generator Field Technician, Engineering , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!