Manufacturing Process Engineer
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
Process Engineer Requisition
This position will manage projects involving manufacturing process
and packaging system and assume additional projects as needed to
support the Operations and Engineering teams. The person will be
responsible for developing, maintain project scope, budget,
timelines, ricks, and success criteria to meet given objectives and
projects. This person will provide engineering support to the
manufacturing processes and will design, install, and maintain
production processes to fulfill customer requirements.
- Actively participate on teams to provide improvements in
Safety, Quality, Cost, and Productivity.
- Actively lead and manage large, complex process and packaging
system projects of significant dollars. Able to manage a large and
diverse contractor and supplier base as projects are implemented
- Develop scopes of work and bid packages for capital projects
and present to management for authorization to implement projects
in support of Operations. Assist in developing and analyzing
project justification with internal Accounting and Finance
- Actively support operations with CapEx and non-CapEx solutions
to improve safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Ensures all assigned technical project team members are working
in a collective manger, work is technically correct for the project
scope, and all efforts are executed in a manner to maintain project
budget and schedule.
- Lead and direct persons not directly assigned to the project
- Ability to prioritize risks and quickly issue resolution
options and action plans.
- Manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously without
- Ensure that all projects are completed to project
- Ensure efficient handover of new installations to Operations
team through proper training and documentation of new equipment
and/or packaging/process system.
- Ensure on-time submission of production samples.
- Have the ability to start, address and prioritize project
issues independently and juggle multiple projects with minimal
- Have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of
the organization with strong and effective written & presentation
- Serve as a resource when expert and in-depth information is
required for troubleshooting and preventative work on new
- Able to work collaboratively with all teams and departments to
continuously improve equipment reliability and uptime in the
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective
relationships with peers and leaders across an organization.
- Display individual leadership skills, resolve
problems/conflicts, and mentor/coach as needed.
- Take ownership for actions, behaviors and contributions while
inspiring and motivating self and others.
- Perform job duties in line with company policies, procedures
and work instructions pertaining to TS16949, ISO 14001 and Safety
- Serve as a passionate, self-aware leader who actively
contributes to a high-performance culture within the Engineering
team. Inspires and motivates others through positive attitude,
servant leadership, accountability, and transparency
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Technical Expertise Required
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
calendar and email management, and written and oral communication
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and maintenance
requirements to meet personnel safety, and quality standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), MS
Project,Auto CAD, and or Solidworks.
- Fundamental background with Robotics, PLC's and process
- Familiar with basics of finance, product cost accounting, and
statistical process control.
- Working understanding of Lockout-Tagout, Confined Space,
Excavations, Arc Flash, Working with live electric, Rigging, Line
- Minimum of 4 year B.S. degree in Industrial, Electrical,
Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in project engineering and
project management in a production facility.
- Experience in packaging and aftermarket automotive environment
is a plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Jonesboro
Keywords: Tenneco, Jonesboro , Manufacturing Process Engineer, Engineering , Paragould, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!