Company: Ditta Enterprises, Inc
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Notice to Applicant about this Employer: You are applying for a
job with an independently owned cooperative member of Ace Hardware
Corporation, who operates this Ace Hardware store, not Ace Hardware
Corporation. The independent store owner alone is responsible for
and independently makes all decisions concerning employment related
matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision,
staffing and scheduling. Ace Hardware Corporation will not receive
a copy of any applications submitted for this position, and will
have no control over interviews and/or hiring decisions, does not
control and is not responsible for the employment policies and
practices of the independent store owner. If hired, the independent
store owner will be your only employer. Ace Hardware Corporation is
not the employer for this position. The Ace Hardware trademarks,
logos and designs are owned by Ace Hardware Corporation and used by
independent store owners under a license from Ace Hardware
Corporation.About Ditta EnterprisesGeneral SummaryThe Assistant
Manager manages overall store operations and the achievement of
company goals and directives.Essential Duties &
ResponsibilitiesInclude the following. Other duties may be
- Provide positive representation of store.
- Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank
customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
- Provide a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers
as well as associates.
- Ensure all calls and pages are answered promptly, courteously
- Handle customer complaints. Work to resolve problems with the
customer and have store's best interest taken into
- Possess excellent product knowledge and knowledge of store
layout and location of products.Store Operations
- Ensure a positive, professional and safe work environment for
- Supervise the "general operations" of the entire store.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store.
- Assist with the implementation of Store Support Center
- Ensure successful Loss Prevention, Safety and Internal
- Work with General Manager and Assistant Manager on all aspects
of running the store.
- Participate in weekly management staff meetings.
- Communicate issues to the appropriate Store Support Center
department with General Manager approval.
- Assist with special projects within the district as set forth
by the District Manager.
- Implement new Standard Operating Procedures into store
- Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of
the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise areas.
- Ensure that weekly price changes and label updates are
completed timely and accurately.
- Oversee all cashiering functions including training,
maintenance, audits, and reports.
- Manage and direct preventative maintenance and repairs in order
to maximize and protect all physical assets (i.e. building,
fixtures and equipment).
- Visit competition to be familiar with what they are doing.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.Inventory & Merchandising
- Assist to ensure forklift operations and receiving is completed
in a safe and efficient way.
- Assist to ensure receiving, checking in and stocking of
merchandise adheres to best practices and Standard Operating
- Responsible for maintenance of back stock levels.
- Assist to ensure that cycle counts and negative on hand reports
are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining desirable product inventory
levels to ensure in-stocks and store profitability.
- Assist with merchandise resets throughout the store.
- Assist to ensure all signage is current in the store.
- Assist in presenting a clean and orderly sales floor, including
end caps and promotional and incremental merchandising.Hiring &
Training of Associates
- Assist in training of all associates.
- Actively recruit and promote the advancement of
- Assist in hiring, training, scheduling, reviewing, rewarding
and coaching Head Cashiers and Cashiers with the approval of the
- Manage all aspects of store operations in the absence of the
- Lead by example; be approachable by all associates and
- Participate in store meetings.
- Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to
the General Manager for follow up.
- Prepare and challenge yourself for future advancement.Other
Essential RequirementsEducationHigh School or GED equivalent.
Completion of NHRA Advanced Course in Hardware Retailing
recommended.ExperiencePrevious retail management experience
preferred. Hardware experience preferred.Physical DemandsStanding,
walking, lifting (up to 25lbs) and climbing.
Keywords: Ditta Enterprises, Inc, Jonesboro , Assistant Manager, Executive , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!