Director of Automated Controls Systems
Posted on: June 22, 2022
The Director of Automated Controls Systems is responsible for
leading, directing, and managing all aspects of business functions
related to leading complex sales and managing operations of
controls-related activities at Hytrol. The Director of Automated
Controls Systems will promote a collaborative, team-oriented
environment that is highly productive. -As a high priority, it is
critical to work closely with the various departments such as
business development, applications, quoting, purchasing, ETO,
configuration, production, marketing, and quality to continually
improve designs and processes that excel our company's reputation
in the material handling industry. -The Director of Automated
Controls Systems will work closely with every department within
Hytrol to ensure our control solutions are of high quality,
schedules are met, and that we ultimately delight our customers.
-The Director of Automated Controls Systems will also manage the
various controls and electrical engineering functions to insist
both new and current products are meeting the needs of customers
while ensuring each solution is most profitable for Hytrol.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the Controls Engineering team, the Electrical
Panel Shop & Team, and the Warehouse Controls Software team at
- Manages all electrical and controls related products specified,
produced, and sold by Hytrol. -
- Manages all internally and externally related projects budgets.
- Recommends methods, materials, and layouts that improve the
product's design for manufacturing.
- Manages new product bill of materials, selection of components,
and associated supplier cost and delivery benefits.
- Review integration partner requests to evaluate equipment or
solution requirements, and helps define performance of Hytrol
- Schedule design review with the integration partners and fellow
Hytrol team members.
- Document and publish product design criteria and necessary
formulas, calculations, etc.
- Document communications with the integration partner/customer
and Hytrol teams, as needed. -Communication is both verbal and
- Works with ETO, Production, Scheduling, and Design Teams, as
needed, to develop shipment schedules.
- Facilitate team meetings to ensure design criteria, schedule,
and deliverables are being met.
- Monitor project tasks to ensure schedules remain on-time.
- Coordinate shipping and scheduling with the Hytrol
- Document and publish site visit or visitor reports, as
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple activities
- Specific projects are completed on time, within budget and the
customer (internal or external) is very pleased with the technical
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Superior Leadership skills with Results-Oriented mindset.
- Strong communication skills. -This will be paramount in
internal communication, as well as, discussions with the customer
(IP or end user).
- Communicates effectively and is able to drive change within
each functional department for the benefit of all parties.
- Communicates product improvement ideas from the field or from
production to further enhance the ability to manufacture, install,
and implement competitive world-class systems.
- Optimistic and efficient
- Strong Financial and Organizational Skills
- Participates in frequent (daily, weekly) internal staff
meetings with the team to ensure effective communications and team
assignments are being met, etc.
- Works cooperatively with all other internal departments,
suppliers, and integration partners for the success of the
- Ensure the Hytrol teams provide superior customer service
(Internal with ETO, production, and quality. External to suppliers,
integration partners, and end users.) -
- Work with the marketing and training departments to develop,
promote and train on new processes, product designs, engineering
standards, and various engineering tools.
- Educate, train and support Hytrol personnel and Integration
Partners with conveyor product applications.
- Assist business development and integration partners with
presentations, as needed.
- Assist Hytrol Product and/or Project Managers with product
support issues when encountered.
- Oversee the design processes, methods, and tools used to
develop our products.
- Interpret written specs, research, and design of special
- Promote Hytrol products and services to the Integration Partner
network and assist with the sales effort, as needed.
- Continuously reduce internal costs to improve
- Some travel domestically and occasionally internationally may
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required. Advanced
Engineering or Master's degree is preferred. -
- Minimum 10 years of relevant engineering management experience
- Must have established credentials as the engineering manager
and/or technical project leader with significant supervisory
- Must be proficient in engineering management techniques,
engineering cost estimation, and technical project scheduling.
- Must have polished personal interaction skills along with
excellent verbal and written presentation skills. -
- Knowledge of AutoDesk Products, such as; AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Knowledge of conveying equipment, material handling systems,
industrial automation, is a plus. -
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Extremely literate with MS Office software (Excel, Word,
Outlook) -Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and
Keywords: Hytrol, Jonesboro , Director of Automated Controls Systems, Executive , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!