Experienced Registered Nurse
Company: West Tennessee Healthcare
Posted on: June 20, 2022
- Performs initial patient assessment utilizing the nursing
process and age specific needs, prescribes plan of care for each
patient, updating as necessary and confers with other shifts and
departments to promote continuity of care.
- Documents initial assessment, delivery of patient care, and
other pertinent information in patient's medical record; monitors
documentation of other personnel.
- Coordinates and performs bedside care of patients; performs,
assists, or delegates with skilled procedures.
- Administers or supervises administration of scheduled and PRN
medications, intravenous fluids, blood, and blood products.
- Ensures the proper segregation and safe disposal of hazardous
- Informs physician of patient's arrival, general condition, and
pertinent physical and emotional findings, and assists the
physician with treatments, examinations, and/or patient rounds when
- Assists in supervision of patient care given by nursing
personnel; evaluates standards of patient care daily on assigned
shift; makes assignments appropriate to patient acuity and
competency of staff; and supervises and verifies accurate
transcription of orders as required.
- Appropriately prioritizes physician's orders.
- Communicates with patient and his/her family and collaborates
with other disciplines for providing emotional support, teaching,
and discharge planning.
- Checks emergency equipment and drugs on unit each shift as
assigned or required.
- Performs as primary care giver, team leader, or charge nurse
when assigned, delegating responsibilities to supportive personnel
assigned to each unit.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel to unit and serves as a
role model as required.
- Communicates information regarding patients and unit operation
to other shifts and managers and uses proper channels of
communication to other departments of the hospital.
- Communicates information or provides assistance to ambulance
personnel, law enforcement agencies, community agencies, allied
health groups, or support groups in accordance with unit
- Performs related responsibilities as required or
- Completion of a diploma or associate degree in Nursing
required, BSN is preferred.Position Requirement(s):
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse as approved by the
Tennessee Board of Nursing for practice in the state of
- Responsible for Continuing Education Units annually.
- BLS certification must be obtained within the orientation
period, and certification must be kept current while in this
- In Critical Care areas, ACLS certification must be obtained
within the first year of employment, and certification must be kept
current. In other areas, ACLS is preferred.
- Certification in area of clinical expertise by recognized
authoritative agency desirable.
- Additional certifications may be required at department's
Keywords: West Tennessee Healthcare, Jonesboro , Experienced Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!