Company: Tiger Correctional Services
Posted on: April 28, 2021
System Administrator / Infrastructure Support Position PurposeTo
take responsibility for the security, implementation, maintenance,
configuration and reliable operation of company servers and
networking equipment. Required Abilities
- To be successful in this position, an individual should have
the ability and desire to communicate cordially and professionally
- Proven experience resolving technical problems in a
professional, full-time employment position.
- Positive outlook to resolve problems by researching and
providing solutions.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet
- Maintain system efficiency.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Analyze and isolate Network / Service issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN
infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as
drivers and settings of personal computers as well as
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers,
switches, firewalls, phones, security updates and patches.
- Own and Maintain a Centralized Corporate/Customer Backup
- Assist in administration of corporate ticketing system (Zoho
- Assist in maintaining Corporate network Infrastructure.
- Assist in maintaining Corporate servers (On-Site and
- Assist in maintaining any custom scripts (PowerShell)
- Assist in maintaining Company-Owned Domains (GoDaddy)
- Assist in designing and maintaining corporate IT security
- Other duties as assigned. Travel and Schedule Requirements
- Ability to travel within the Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana and
Oklahoma area with overnight travel as needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends and evenings as needed
(we very rarely work weekends, but emergencies can occasionally
- Bachelors or Associates degree in information science or
related field, or relevant certification from recognized trade or
technical school is preferred.
- MSCA, MSCE, Network+, Security+, VCP, etc. Experience
- 3 Years of industry experience (networks, hardware, software or
related information systems work)
- 3 Years direct experience with administering *aaS Platforms
such as Azure Enterprise Solutions, Amazon Web Services, etc.
Required Professional Skills
- Excellent team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong client focus.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to explain technical issues/remedies to clients in
simple language they can understand. Required Technical Skills
- Proficient knowledge of computer hardware systems, networks,
components and software.
- Proficient in Windows Server Technologies.
- Proficient in root cause analysis.
- Proficient in data backup technologies and procedures.
- Microsoft 365 Administration (Exchange, TEAMS, SharePoint,
- Azure Administration (including Azure AD, Subscriptions,
Resource Pools, etc.)
- Ticketing System Administration
- Advanced Networking
- Microsoft Server Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Scripting Knowledge (PowerShell)
- PC / Laptop
- Basic Telephony Knowledge
- Domain Administration (GoDaddy)
- IIS Administration
- Knowledge and Experience with Centralized Backup Methods
- Designing Schedules
- Maintaining Backups
- Storage Media
- Planning Backup Procedures
- Administering and Monitoring Backups
- Knowledge and Experience with Advanced IT Security Concepts
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
instructions and deal with problems involving many variables
- Must be able to hear & receive normal conversations and
- Must have average visual abilities necessary to read a computer
screen, documents & manuals
- Must be able to solve and interpret basic math problems
including adding, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Must be able to communicate with an advance vocabulary of 8000
to 10,000 words, to read at a moderate rate, write basic sentences
and communicate in standard sentences with excellent
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to lift 40lbs
Keywords: Tiger Correctional Services, Jonesboro , System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!