Machine Operator - HH - Day Shift
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer,
manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer
market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning
and disinfection products. We have several locations across the US
and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
This is a 12 hour position, rotating shift 5:45 am - 6 pm. This
position is responsible for the overall results of assigned
machine, which includes but is not limited to:
This is a safety sensitive position. This position has the primary
responsibility for supporting the daily production results for
their assigned Value Stream. This includes meeting targeted
objectives in the areas of safety, quality, service, OEE, waste,
and continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL KSA'S (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLSET AND ATTITUDE)
This position primarily interacts with other Machine Operators, but
also requires interaction with all support departments including
but not limited to Quality, Shipping & Logistics, Maintenance, and
- Tends machines and makes functional adjustments to target so
that the product meets specifications and Quality attributes with
- Tends one or more machine(s) that performs converting or
packaging functions such as splicing, converting, wrapping, lid
application and palletizing of wet wipe products.
- Operates machine and performs necessary duties to meet
manufacturing and quality targets at a minimum.
- Detects, records and reports defective materials and finished
goods or questionable conditions to the Production Coordinator and
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment per the
prescribed safety and cGMP regulations.
- Follows Changeover checklist performing a changeover on the
designated asset in the time constraints required with
- Must be familiar with basic machine operations in order to
perform the tasks stated above and embrace training to be effective
in Machine Operator role.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent feedback and
assistance with regard to machine set-up and work functions.
- Must be able to adapt to the high performance work team culture
and must interact effectively with other Machine Operators,
customers, other teams, and leadership to ensure the success of
- Must flow to the work to provide the necessary help for
others.ESSENTIAL KSA'S OF MACHINER OPERATOR CERTIFICATIONS*
VSOP1 Certified - Performs the essential functions of a machine
operator in addition to the following:
- Performs basic troubleshooting/problem solving issues with
- Proactively identifies problems or continuous improvement
opportunities without push from VSL.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to the team's results and to the
success of others by training on basic machine operator functions
and job shadowing less skilled machine operators.Eligibility:
Complete ninety day probation (if new hire), Training Documentation
on asset completed along with On the Job Checklist and 15 Day Run
VSOP2 Certified - Performs the essential functions of a machine
operator and VSOP1 in addition to the following:
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as
required per instructions.
- Proficiently performs machine set up and coaches others.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting.Eligibility: Training
Documentation on asset completed along with On the Job Checklist
and 15 Day Run form.
Subject Matter Trainer (SMT) - Performs the essential functions of
a machine operator and VSOP1 or VSOP2 in addition to the
- Actively participates in training new associates through use of
training binder, soft skills and ability to positively influence
- Uses soft skills and communication to positively influence
- Leads by example and actively supports in continuous
improvement for KPI's and 5S.
- Works with Process Trainer (s) to ensure current and correct
VMS's are on the floor in the VMS Binders as well as Training
- Maintains and sign-off on all Training Documentation (per
GDP's) until completion of training.
- Assist in 15-30-45 Day Progress Reports with Supervisor,
Trainee and Process Trainer.
- Lead in the assigned SMT area with the Process Engineer
- Must be VSOP1 or above on the designated asset.
- Cannot have any active written warnings on file (excluding
- Must have less than 8 attendance points at time of
- Must successfully complete 10 hours SMT training within 6
months of becoming an SMT.QUALIFICATIONS
High School Diploma or equivalent
High school diploma or GED Machine operation experience
Operator needs to be on requested asset for at least six
Good communication skills
Ability to train other Machine Operators while maintaining Self
Ability to work in a team-focused environment
Bending, standing, stooping, and walking for up to 12 hours per
Lifting up to 10 lbs repetitively for up to 12 hours per shift
Pushing and pulling 10-20 lbs over head
Climbing a step stool (4 steps)
Must be able to physically and visually navigate the production
floor and assigned work areas in a safe manner, including areas of
varying texture, temperature and line of sight.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Nice-Pak, Jonesboro , Machine Operator - HH - Day Shift, Other , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!