Packaging Machine Operator
Company: Frito-Lay North America
Posted on: April 30, 2021
The Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and
operating assigned packaging machines and statistical scales to
pack the optimum number of quality packages of product. A key
component of PepsiCo's success, Frito-Lay has been making the very
best snacks for over 80 years. Classic Lay's(r), Cheetos(r), and
Doritos(r) are just a few of the products that you would help us
produce in one of our manufacturing facilities. Although you will
start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to
career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo. As a
Full-Time team member, you would work between 40 and 50 hours per
week and overtime may be required. We set industry standards in
terms of pay and benefits. We also offer unbeatable benefits
including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings
benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days
and much more. As a Packaging Machine Operator, you can expect to
be working on your feet the entirety of your shift near heavy
machinery in a loud manufacturing environment. Frito-Lay
manufacturing facilities are also large. While we want everyone to
feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature is
limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are impacted by
seasons and the weather. After training (a process that can last 8
to 16 weeks), here is a list of the more frequent tasks you could
expect to perform:
- You will set-up and operate multiple packaging machines to
ensure accurate code dates, weights, and that products are put into
- You will check that products are dated and sealed with a
minimum amount of wasted product and supplies.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring that products to be
packed remain clean.
- You will maintain a clean and safe work area. Safety is
- You will perform basic preventative maintenance on packaging
machines such as cleaning or switching out knives and blades,
pull-belts, tape machines, or rollers, depending on the need.
- You will wear protective gear when using chemicals to clean and
sanitize lines during changeovers from one product to another.
- You will inspect conveyors and scales prior to line start-ups &
- You will troubleshoot commonplace problems and make operational
adjustments. Packaging Machine Operators work with every product
that Frito-Lay produces, which means you should consider the
potential allergens we work with: dairy, wheat, soy, garlic, salt,
and particular oils (e.g. sunflower). You should also keep in mind
that we make popular spicy snacks, like Flamin' Hot Cheetos(r).
Please take a moment to ensure that you meet the minimum
requirements for this position:
- You are at least 18 years of age or older
- You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as
- You are mechanically inclined and can think that way. Having at
least 1 year of machine operator experience in a high-speed
manufacturing environment would be a good indicator to our hiring
- It's a physical job: you are able to lift 50 lbs from floor to
waist (e.g. a twin-size mattress) with or without a reasonable
- You have basic math skills and can read and write in
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch
for extended periods with or without a reasonable
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle
products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or
lifts to access areas of the plant People often ask what kind of
characteristics will make them successful in this position. Do you
think you have what it takes to perform at our level? Here is an
idea of what our managers are looking for:
- Good Communicator: you will be interacting with various
co-workers, from junior employees to leadership.
- Problem Solving: our business depends on us keeping packaging
machines operating. You tackle commonplace mechanical issues with
machinery and quickly come up with a "plan B" when needed, such as
during a changeover or starting a new line.
- Efficient: you prioritize tasks while multitasking. For
example, you might be changing film on one line as a second line
breaks down; meanwhile, a packer is shutting off a line which will
require your attention; it is at this point when a manager
approaches you and asks how things are going.
- Leadership: we trust you to help make sure that everything is
going smoothly. You will coach packers and processing operators by
providing courteous support and feedback.
- Tech Savvy: Frito-Lay is an industry leader when it comes to
smart automated technology and tracking production and inventory.
Having a comfort level learning new technology will help you thrive
in our performance based culture.
- High Integrity: mistakes can lead to food safety and regulatory
issues which is why all Frito-Lay employees are forthcoming and
transparent about mistakes. Does this sound like you? Join nearly
55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard
to bring you the snacks you love and submit your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority /
Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws,
including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections
4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal
Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the
Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.
Keywords: Frito-Lay North America, Jonesboro , Packaging Machine Operator, Other , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!