Material Handler (Forklift Operator)
Company: QC Industries
Posted on: May 31, 2021
This position description identifies the major responsibilities
of this job. It does not include all aspects of the position such
as the potential additional duties assigned by supervisors and the
requirement for flexibility in helping others for the company's
Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment,
and products within establishments by performing the following
duties within the shipping and receiving departments.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, or
requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas
to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in
bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style,
color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials,
tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production
workers or assembly line.
- Fills customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets
or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Responds to requests from assembly line with needed materials,
if materials are not available, the time of arrival of
- Records amounts of materials or items received or
- Reports shortages to purchasing or fabrication.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure
conformance to company standards. Arranges stock parts in specified
sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Uses computer to display stock location, run PIC List.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to
plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and
materials properly; Reports potentially unsafe conditions
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Experience with ERP systems
- MS Office suite
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
Stand, walk, or be mobile for up to an eight-hour shift; ascend
and push, and pull up to 50 lbs.; bend, twist and reach to check
freight, stack boxes, and label.
Factory shop floor
FMH Conveyors designs and manufactures products and services for
truck loading and unloading applications. The NestaFlex and
BestFlex brands lead the market in flexible gravity and powered
conveyors, while MaxxReach and BestReach are the premier brands in
telescopic and rigid conveyor systems. Known worldwide for their
durability and reliability, FMH Conveyors products are engineered
to support material handling applications for distribution centers,
e-commerce, parcel post, retail stores, and a variety of
manufacturers to help maximize productivity and increase
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE: Six months to one year related experience in a
Ability to work within a team environment
ERP systems experience or a willingness & capability to learn
new computer software programs
Knowledge of production and manufacturing processes
Keywords: QC Industries, Jonesboro , Material Handler (Forklift Operator), Other , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!