Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer,
manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer
market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning
and disinfection products. We have several locations across the US
and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
This is a safety sensitive position. This position has the
primary responsibility for supporting the daily production results
for their assigned Value Stream. This includes meeting targeted
objectives in the areas of safety, quality, service, OEE, waste,
and continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL KSA'S (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLSET AND ATTITUDE)
This position primarily interacts with other Machine Operators,
but also requires interaction with all support departments
including but not limited to Quality, Shipping & Logistics,
Maintenance, and Human Resources.
- Tends machines and makes functional adjustments to target so
that the product meets specifications and Quality attributes with
- Tends one or more machine(s) that performs converting or
packaging functions such as splicing, converting, wrapping, lid
application and palletizing of wet wipe products.
- Operates machine and performs necessary duties to meet
manufacturing and quality targets at a minimum.
- Detects, records and reports defective materials and finished
goods or questionable conditions to the Production Coordinator and
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment per the
prescribed safety and cGMP regulations.
- Follows Changeover checklist performing a changeover on the
designated asset in the time constraints required with
- Must be familiar with basic machine operations in order to
perform the tasks stated above and embrace training to be effective
in Machine Operator role.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent feedback and
assistance with regard to machine set-up and work functions.
- Must be able to adapt to the high performance work team culture
and must interact effectively with other Machine Operators,
customers, other teams, and leadership to ensure the success of
- Must flow to the work to provide the necessary help for
VSOP1 Certified - Performs the essential functions of a machine
operator in addition to the following:
- Performs basic troubleshooting/problem solving issues with
- Proactively identifies problems or continuous improvement
opportunities without push from VSL.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to the team's results and to the
success of others by training on basic machine operator functions
and job shadowing less skilled machine operators.
- Eligibility: Complete ninety day probation (if new hire),
Training Documentation on asset completed along with On the Job
Checklist and 15 Day Run form.
VSOP2 Certified - Performs the essential functions of a machine
operator and VSOP1 in addition to the following:
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as
required per instructions.
- Proficiently performs machine set up and coaches others.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting.Eligibility: Training
Documentation on asset completed along with On the Job Checklist
and 15 Day Run form.
- Eligibility: Training Documentation on asset completed along
with On the Job Checklist and 15 Day Run form.
Subject Matter Trainer (SMT) - Performs the essential functions
of a machine operator and VSOP1 or VSOP2 in addition to the
- Actively participates in training new associates through use of
training binder, soft skills and ability to positively influence
- Uses soft skills and communication to positively influence
- Leads by example and actively supports in continuous
improvement for KPI's and 5S.
- Works with Process Trainer (s) to ensure current and correct
VMS's are on the floor in the VMS Binders as well as Training
- Maintains and sign-off on all Training Documentation (per
GDP's) until completion of training.
- Assist in 15-30-45 Day Progress Reports with Supervisor,
Trainee and Process Trainer.
- Lead in the assigned SMT area with the Process Engineer
- Must be VSOP1 or above on the designated asset.
- Cannot have any active written warnings on file (excluding
- Must have less than 8 attendance points at time of
- Must successfully complete 10 hours SMT training within 6
months of becoming an SMT.
The above responsibilities are intended to describe the general
content of and requirements for the performance of this position.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list or statement of
duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent
High school diploma or GED
Operator needs to be on requested asset for at least six months.
Machine Operator experience preferred.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to train other Machine Operators while maintaining Self
- Ability to work in a team-focused environment
- Bending, standing, stooping, and walking for up to 12 hours per
- Lifting up to 10 lbs repetitively for up to 12 hours per
- Pushing and pulling 10-20 lbs over head
- Climbing a step stool (4 steps)
- Must be able to physically and visually navigate the production
floor and assigned work areas in a safe manner, including areas of
varying texture, temperature and line of sight.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.