The Quality Specialist performs a variety of quality control
tests/inspections and/or standard microbiological, chemical,
physical or sensory testing and assays on products, materials,
components, etc. at various stages of the production process to
ensure compliance with quality standards. Manages finished product
release criteria (i.e. net contents, sensory program, Critical
Control Point [CCP]). Responsibilities will include internal
auditing, recording statistical data and analyzing production data
to verify compliance or determine deviation from existing
standards. Works closely with the Quality Team to help identify,
solve and prevent problems affecting quality and food safety.
* Employee shall follow and carry out company Quality Policy on
all required Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), quality and food
* Escalate quality or food safety findings or incidents to
* Ensures that a high quality of products, services,
housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in
* Ensures the compliance for FSSC 22000 and ISO 9001 while
driving continuous improvement for Quality metrics/Key Performance
Indicators (KPI) in their area of responsibility.
* Supports Improvement initiatives (e.g. consumer complaints,
product defect reduction) with the factory.
* Assist, advise and train Production Operators in attaining
Nestl quality standards.
* Responsible for reviewing and updating factory policies and
standard operating procedures (SOPs) in compliance to Nestle
* May be the Document Control Coordinator for Quality,
o Supports Compliance by ensuring effective use of the factory's
document control program.
* May be responsible for Net Contents Control system support &
o Supports the functionality of the net contents control program
on the factory floor.
o Prepare lot summary reports for compliance to the Quality
Monitoring Scheme (QMS).
* Responsible for tracking, releasing or holding finished
product from production for retail and institutional sale.
* Report out detailed information regarding the products that
are held and released.
* Report out on performance indicator measures (i.e. KPIs, PPIs,
* Support traceability exercises, product trace and recall
* Support root cause analysis and provide information on
deposition decisions for held product.
* Responsible for learning, implementing, teaching, maintenance
and reporting data from the SAP Quality Management module.
* Responsible for hold product and rework/reprocessing
* Responsible for conducting sensory sessions for raw materials,
packaging and finished product.
* Provide product release support to outside warehouses.
* Responsible for supporting the factory food allergen
management program and product coding maintenance.
* Supports production in decisions related to quality and food
* Audits GMPs, procedures and paperwork on the production
* Conducts coaching and training to employees.
* Responsible for identifying and closing gaps in procedures
* Supporting member of the factory Internal Audit Team.
* Participates in and/or lead problem solving and continuous
* Review consumer alerts and direct follow-up activities of the
* Maintain consumer complaint awareness for the production
* Manages consumer complaint team and follow-up activities.
* Support Foreign Bodies/Material Reduction team.
* Execute daily review of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control
Point (HACCP) documentation.
* Execute Behavior Based Quality observations.
* Conducts special projects as assigned.
* Able to work flexible hours.
* Conducts daily routine sample analyses using lab techniques
and other instrumentation following Good Laboratory Practices
* Interprets data and reports on trend/data analysis to
* Monitors laboratory Internal Control Plan (ICP) on the
* Organizes laboratory records and files, summarizes data, and
prepares reports for use by management.
* Supports laboratory activities to ensure a high quality of
products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are
maintained and improved in laboratory and other analytical
* Responsible for daily equipment maintenance, ordering, stock
control, stock record entry, reporting, etc.
* Responsible for the administration, training, and execution of
* Responsible for laboratory and quality records in compliance
with the factory Quality Monitoring Scheme (QMS), which includes
proper storage and retrieval.
* Assists, advises, and trains colleagues to attain the Nestle
Quality Assurance Center (NQAC) requirements.
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
* Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Nestl guidelines
pertaining to safety, health, and environmental.
* Be part of the culture change towards behavioral safety
NESTL CONTINUOUS EXCELLENCE
* Supports key Nestl Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiatives at
* Participates in operational management routines (Pillar or
local committees or platforms).
Other duties as assigned by manager.
* Receives general supervision and direction from Quality
Supervisor. Direction consists of clarification of factory and
department policies, priorities, and goals.
* May be responsible to coordinate day-to-day work for a small
group of Technicians.
* Absence: In the absence of this person, the responsibilities
of this position are delegated to the other Specialists /
* Direct ability to impact product quality and ensure only
quality product is delivered to the consumer and customers.
* Contribute to the Quality Departmental budget goals.
* Innovation/Renovation: Support and participate in improvement
activities and programs.
* Support the development and implementation of projects
assigned to enable the achievement of business objectives.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
* B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other
related field, required.
* Prefer 2-3 years manufacturing and or laboratory (1-3 years)
experience in food industry.
* Prefer knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or Total Productive
* Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
* Good mathematical and statistical skills required.
* Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
* Must be precise, accurate and well organized.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced
* Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers, and
spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.).
* Proficiency in SAP/GLOBE systems is preferred.
The Nestl Companies are an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified
applicants for employment. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status.
EOE M/F/D/V Nestle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
looking for diversity in candidates for employment. All candidates
must apply online at Nestlejobs.com