Company: QC Industries
Posted on: June 7, 2021
FMH Conveyors is a world-class manufacturer of conveying
equipment built to increase truck loading and unloading efficiency
in even the toughest shipping and receiving environments. Our
solutions help customers across multiple industries expedite their
supply chains, integrate automation and drive greater productivity
throughout their operations.
The NestaFlex and BestFlex brands lead the market in flexible
gravity and powered conveyors, while MaxxReach and BestReach are
the premier brands in telescopic and rigid conveyor systems. Known
worldwide for their durability and reliability, FMH Conveyors
products are engineered to support material handling applications
for distribution centers, e-commerce, parcel post, retail stores,
and a variety of manufacturers to help maximize productivity and
Our Core Values are Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Winning
Spirit, Sense of Urgency.
The Quality Engineer position develops and implements optimal,
cost-effective quality processes and methods in accordance with
product specifications and quality standards. This position is also
responsible for analyzing manufacturing processes for improvement
using various methods of testing and inspection.
- Develop, apply and maintain quality systems, requirements, and
standards for development and manufacturing products as well as
data collection techniques and systems.
- Develop corrective action form and process using the DMAIC
method to identify root cause issue and determine the appropriate
- Manufacturing process instructions (standardized work) and
inspection verification sheets.
- Responsible for first article of inspection on new parts to
ensure supplier quality is being met. Participate in NPD process.
Establish key quality deliverables with each development cycle and
- Serve as the primary quality assurance resource to department
supervisor(s) for problem identification, resolution, loss
reporting and continuous improvement.
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in
design development projects representing quality assurance and the
- Design and implement methods for process control, process
improvement, testing and inspection.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes,
test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Lead teams in technical process development, documentation, and
- Develop supplier quality requirements for inspection,
detection, prevention, and certification.
- Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures.
- Develop and implement lean manufacturing principles, six sigma
- Develop and implement FMEA
- Develop and implement ISO structure audits
- Report to management on quality issues, trends, and improvement
- Develop system, process, and training for and lead internal and
external quality audits.
- Compile, write and deliver training material on quality
standards and activities.
- Ability to train and influence is essential.
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Decision Making.
- Results Driven.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Proficient in measurement devices (calipers, micrometers, angle
finders, levers, tape measures, etc.)
- Proficient in reading blueprints
- Welding Aptitude
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or
Manufacturing engineering (or STEM degree such as Mathematics,
Physics, Chemistry with Quality experience.
- An Associate of Science degree in these fields plus minimum 4
years of industrial experience is equivalent, AS degree, or
alternate degree plus ASQ Certification as CSQE, CSSBB, CSQP, CRE
certification is equivalent).
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing quality experience.
- Training in general safety, heavy and assembly manufacturing
processes, foreign object, ISO structure, statistical analysis, and
quality system awareness.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed
to welding, fumes or airborne particles, overhead cranes,
mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment requires hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance;
and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some
out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
This position description identifies the major responsibilities
of this job. It does not include all aspects of the position such
as the potential additional duties assigned by supervisors and the
requirement for flexibility in helping others for the company's
Keywords: QC Industries, Jonesboro , Quality Eng, Other , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!