Company: Axelon Services Corporation
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Description: may go to FTE
We are looking for 2nd and 3rd shift, non-Monday-Friday (will most
likely be Sun-Thurs, Tues-Sat or an alternate work with that might
have some 12 hour schedules
As a Packaging Machine Operator, you can expect to be working on
your feet the entirety of your shift near heavy machinery in a loud
manufacturing environment. Client manufacturing facilities are also
large. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to
control the temperature is limited. Indoor warehouse working
conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
After training (a process that can last 8 to 16 weeks), here is a
list of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform:
* You will set-up and operate multiple packaging machines to ensure
accurate code dates, weights, and that products are put into
* You will check that products are dated and sealed with a minimum
amount of wasted product and supplies.
* You will also be responsible for ensuring that products to be
packed remain clean.
* You will maintain a clean and safe work area. Safety is
* You will perform basic preventative maintenance on packaging
machines such as cleaning or switching out knives and blades,
pull-belts, tape machines, or rollers, depending on the need.
* You will wear protective gear when using chemicals to clean and
sanitize lines during changeovers from one product to another.
* You will inspect conveyors and scales prior to line start-ups &
* You will troubleshoot commonplace problems and make operational
Packaging Machine Operators work with every product that Client
produces, which means you should consider the potential allergens
we work with: dairy, wheat, soy, garlic, salt, and particular oils
(e.g. sunflower). You should also keep in mind that we make popular
spicy snacks, like Flamin' Hot Cheetos .
Please take a moment to ensure that you meet the minimum
requirements for this position:
* You are at least 18 years of age or older
* You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off
* You are mechanically inclined and can think that way. Having at
least 1 year of machine operator experience in a high-speed
manufacturing environment would be a good indicator to our hiring
* It's a physical job: you are able to lift 50 lbs from floor to
waist (e.g. a twin-size mattress) with or without a reasonable
* You have basic math skills and can read and write in English
* You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with
or without a reasonable accommodation
* You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for
extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle
products with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or
lifts to access areas of the plant
Keywords: Axelon Services Corporation, Jonesboro , Machine Operator, Other , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!