Eligible for up to a $2500 sign-on bonus
National Sign-on bonus available to candidates accepting an
offer between May 17 through June 30, 2021. Paid out in equal parts
after 90 & 180 days of active employment.
The best jobs in the trucking industry are at Frito-Lay. We are
proud to offer you a great starting salary which quickly ramps up
for top performers. Your component pay includes stops, unscheduled
layovers, delay, dispatch, drop and hook, vacation, and so forth.
We also offer unbeatable benefits including health insurance,
dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k)
with company contribution, vacation days and much more.
For extra detail on pay, routes, and layover rates, we encourage
you to visit  http://www.driveforfritolay.com.
You can even submit an interest card if you want to talk to a
recruiter, just make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- You possess a valid Class "A" commercial driver's license
- You have at least 100,000 verifiable accident-free miles or
more than 2,500 accident-free hours
- You will be required to work on weekends and holidays
- You can lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle
products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have the ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to
five hours daily, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have the ability to work up to 14 hours a day and drive a
tractor trailer for extended periods of time, up to 11 hours per
day, with or without a reasonable accommodation
You will bid on routes using a seniority-based electronic bid
board which keeps things fair for everyone. Start times vary by
route and scheduled dispatch.
We asked current Frito-Lay drivers what frequent tasks you
should expect when you come aboard, and here is what they had to
- You will safely operate a tractor/trailer (usually an automatic
Volvo, international or freight liner; diesel/natural gas) and
transport products to and from specified destinations in accordance
with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- This is a physical job. We load and unload trailers -- this can
be manual, it could involve palletized loading/unloading, or
require the use of a two-wheeler. You will also be lifting things
over your head.
- You will transport chips, dips, and more to and from large
grocery stores, Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities, rural storage
units, and other traffic centers.
- You will obtain signature of receipt, pick up returns and
complete logs and other paperwork related to deliveries, and review
invoices and/or manifests.
- You will use an electronic logging device such as a tablet or
an onboard (dash) computer.
- We have regular contact with our customers, sales drivers, and
dispatch, so you can expect talk to people at various points
throughout the day or night.
- Like the rest of our drivers, you will be responsible for pre-
and post-trip truck inspections.
- Your work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed by the
FMCSA and require overnight trips as well as weekend and/or holiday
- We run routes 24/7 and DOT hours vary slightly by
This position requires a lot of walking and lifting over your
head, but we believe the rewards are worth it, and our drivers
Given our large salaries and phenomenal benefits, you might
wonder what will give you an edge when you apply. Here's an idea of
what Frito-Lay drivers expect of one another:
- Safety Focused: your mind is focused on safety when you operate
vehicles by practicing defensive driving. We have a strong
reputation as transportation professionals on the road.
- Coachable and Communicative: you can take feedback and adjust
how you do things in the spirit of cooperation, safety, and
efficiency. Communication is a two-way street. Did you encounter a
safety hazard? Were their issues with your delivery? Your honest
feedback is valued here.
- Flexibility: the schedule you work won't be set, but instead it
will vary day to day. Everyone at Frito-Lay works weekends and
- Self-Motivated: our drivers are known across the company as
hard workers, showing up and working until the job is done
- Attention to Detail: a sharp eye is necessary because you will
review weight limits on manifests, you will count cases to make
sure orders are corrects, as well as using visual aids
Our application takes 10-15 minutes to finish on any device. Our
mission is to get you in for an interview instead of jumping
through hoops. Just keep an eye on your e-mail, and we will take
care of the rest.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority /
Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other
applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police
Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the
Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please download the available  EEO is
the Law &  EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View  PepsiCo
Please view our  Pay Transparency Statement.