Analytical Lab Technician - Day Shift
Company: Nice-Pak Products, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Nice-Pak Products is the world leader in the design,
manufacture, and distribution of high-quality branded and private
label wet wipe products including baby wipes, antibacterial
towelettes and many other products for consumer goods and
POSITION PURPOSE This is a safety sensitive position. The
Analytical Technician interacts primarily with Compounding,
Microbiological Laboratory and Production to coordinate the
effective analysis and reporting of raw materials, in process and
finished products. The position also interacts with Research &
Development, Customer Service, Purchasing Dept., Training
Coordinators, Warehouse, and the New York, Indiana, and other
facilities to help facilitate communication and shared
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
Responsible for the accurate analysis of incoming raw materials,
bulk liquids and finished products utilizing Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), Nice Pak's Test Methods
(NPTMs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMPs). Assures and is responsible for the accurate
analysis of incoming raw materials, bulk liquids and finished
products utilizing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work
Instructions (WIs), Nice Pak's Test Methods (NPTMs), Good
Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices
(GMPs). Assures released raw materials, bulk liquids and finished
products have met the required specification criteria prior to
release. Maintain accurate, complete and traceable documentation
related to analysis and disposition. Review documentation to ensure
adherence to internal and external requirements.
- Performance of required Analytical and Chemical testing
according to NPTMs, SOPs and WIs on raw materials, bulk liquids and
- Perform non-routine chemical testing such as: flush samples,
sanitizer verifications and investigations.
- Ensure that all results are accurately recorded in appropriate
laboratory notebooks and another designated forms according to
- Provide production and other plant areas technical expertise
and analytical skills to facilitate problem solving and root cause
- Order, approve and monitor the purchase of laboratory
- Prepare standards and perform equipment calibrations and
- Prepare / revise laboratory procedures (WIs, methods, SOPs,
etc.) when required
- Collection and testing of DI water to ensure that analytical
specifications are met.
- Conduct wet chemical titration to determine the percentage of
activity on various solutions and finished products.
- By the use of instruments (GC, HPLC, IR, UV, Auto-titrator,
etc.) determine the percentage of various components as required by
- Perform identification of various chemicals or formulations as
per methodology and
- Prepare solutions and titrants when required.
- Clean and sanitize laboratory at specified intervals by
following appropriate SOP and/or WI.
- Perform calibration, reading and recording of instruments
within the Analytical Lab.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory test solutions.
- Coordinate release of liquid batches including designation of
- Test incoming raw and customer supply material and assure that
all the required certification is accurate and within
- Determine product's disposition. Complete necessary forms and
distribute to appropriate parties.
- Determine the toxicity and pH of waste tanks are designated
- Handles special projects and assigns them as required
- Assist in the sampling, testing and release of raw materials
- All other duties as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive list or statement of duties,
responsibilities or requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or other related science
- Knowledge of Analytical Chemistry methods and theory and the
ability to incorporate them into daily tasks and problem
- At least one year experience in a laboratory environment
(Analytical Lab preferred)
- Ability to demonstrate skill in performing work accurately and
- Ability to follow test methodology.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to do root cause analysis.
Keywords: Nice-Pak Products, Inc., Jonesboro , Analytical Lab Technician - Day Shift, Other , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!