Central Sterile Tech - Safety Sensitive
Company: White River Health
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Responsible for preparing and assembling medical and surgical
supplies, instrumentation, and equipment, maintaining the sterile
processing areas, and receiving and distributing surgical supplies
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the
- Follow established protocols for cleaning, decontaminating,
preparing, and packaging, disinfecting, or sterilizing, and storing
medical and surgical supplies and equipment.
- Distribute medical and surgical supplies from sterile
processing areas to other areas within the facility or health care
organization as needed.
- Adhere to standard precautions including the use of personal
- Follow safety procedures and manufacturer's instructions when
handling cleaning solutions, supplies and equipment.
- Operate equipment used in the sterile processing areas safely
and according to the manufacturer's instructions for use.
- Monitor, interpret, and document results of physical, chemical,
and biological indicators for all types of sterilizers used in the
sterile processing areas.
- Prepare and distribute surgical case carts according to
physician's preference lists and anticipated needs of the
- Inventory, receive, and restock materials used for supporting
sterile processing services.
- Comply with organizational policies, regulatory and
accreditation standards, and professional guidelines.
- Exhibit professional interpersonal and communication
- Assist with improving the quality of sterile processing
- Assist with identifying pertinent evidence to establish
benchmarks as directed.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health
- Job responsibilities require a considerable amount of physical
work. The individual will be required to assist with lifting and
moving patients, pushing of carts, wheelchairs, and other
equipment; and lifting or pushing of up to 50 pounds. The
individual must be able to bend over to perform certain duties,
e.g.., putting trays in proper locations, etc. The individual must
also be able to maneuver throughout the halls, stairways, and
patient rooms in response to hospital emergencies. Interpretation
of environmental input requires visual and auditory skills
- Basic computer skills needed to complete educational
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by supervision
High School diploma or equivalent.
Training and Experience
Preferred: One year of sterile processing experience. One of the
following Central Sterile certifications required within two years
of employment: Central Supply Processing Department Technician
(CSPDT), or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST)
certification, Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS)
- Must be able to report to work fit for duty and free of any
adverse effects of illegal drugs, medical marijuana, prescription
medication, and/or alcohol.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in
writing with other individuals
Keywords: White River Health, Jonesboro , Central Sterile Tech - Safety Sensitive, Other , Batesville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!