Company: Butterball, LLC
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job Summary: This position will have overall responsibility of
supervising, planning, and directing the production of products on
various individual production lines/areas to produce products
safely and consistently within quality specifications. This
position will supervise and coordinate activities of production
associates to meet production needs and ensure efficient operation
of their assigned area of responsibility. Responsible for:
developing and maintaining positive associate relations; training
and developing skills and teamwork of associates under their
supervision; ensuring department operates within compliance of
HACCP, USDA, and OSHA; and ensuring associates comply with facility
safety rules and company policies. Will oversee associate training
and development to ensure a quality product is produced at a
competitive cost. Essential Functions, Duties &
- Lead production teams to meet short- and long-term goals
- Ensure team member compliance with safety policies and
- Enable teams to complete all required meetings on time;
facilitate regular team meetings
- Collect, monitor, and report statistical data and an analysis
of the data within specified time frames
- Identify opportunities for improvement, their root causes, and
solutions to correct them within a team-based work environment
- Evaluate team member performance and assist team members'
performance improvement, accountability, and advancement through
effective goal-setting, feedback, and training.
- Assist with customer facility audits.
- Assist with plant process improvement projects
- Support and contribute to achievement of facility goals for
safety, people, quality, cost-savings
- Support the Butterball Mission Statement
- Hold pre-shift meetings for team
- Attend cross shift meetings
- Complete Safety Audits and participate in CST
- Knowledge of and ability to work with computer programs such as
Good interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent attendance, personnel and safety record.
- Good understanding of fundamental labor and waste control.
- Ability to delegate responsibility.
- Ability to absorb and manage increasing responsibilities and
excel in a leadership position.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, process
improvements, problem solving techniques and procedures.
- Task completion oriented Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Must
have supervisory experience and possess leadership ability.
Familiar with HACCP, SSOP, GMPs, and USDA. Must have the ability to
write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must
have the ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
general public. Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in
business or engineering from four-year college or university
preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Several years of
experience, including hands-on, supervising up to 50 individuals in
a team-based environment and ensuring compliance of work processes
and systems. Experience in a meat processing facility with an
understanding of USDA and OSHA regulations will be preferred.
Strong safety background. Must be computer literate (Excel,
PowerPoint & Word). Supervisory experience in a team-based
environment. The statements herein are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees and
are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of what is required
of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not imply or
establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at
the discretion of the employer. Butterball, LLC is and equal
opportunity employer and is committed to the fair and impartial
treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or
other protected status under applicable law.
Keywords: Butterball, LLC, Jonesboro , Production Supervisor, Professions , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!