Territory Sales Lead (Jonesboro, AR)
Company: The Hershey Company
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Flexible Schedules Available
SummaryThe Territory Sales Lead (TSL) ensures flawless execution of
store level sales and promotion plans with customer retailers in
assigned territory. The territory consists of high-volume food
chain grocers and mass merchandiser customers. The TSL masters
retail execution plans by driving incremental sales, implementing,
and maintaining best-in-class promotional and merchandising
strategies, and ensuring 100% distribution on authorized Hershey
items across all classes of trade. A successful TSL will be driven,
entrepreneurial, influential, and planful.
ResponsibilitiesConsultative Business Partnering
Customer Relationship Development and Management:
- Build and maintain consultative business relationships with
customer Key Decision Makers (KDMs) at all levels.
- Partner and collaborate with KDMs to develop and execute action
plans to increase sales. Cultivate a network of influential
contacts at all levels of customers to achieve sales
- Leverage strategic relationships with KDMs to influence and
negotiate customers' assistance in the merchandising of Hershey
- Obtain and analyze relevant store, product, and market data and
leverage trends and analytics to build the business.
- Utilize and complete pre-call planning methods and other
- Review and make recommendations to modify routes that maximize
business efficiencies for all sales calls within territory.
- Effectively solve problems by analyzing information, utilizing
consumer trends and customer insights to guide decision making and
influence others to act.
- Engage in forward selling via consultative sales techniques
using provided data sources, technology, processes and
- Maximize sales and display opportunities by conducting store
walk-throughs and gaining commitment by KDMs on successful
- Tailor strategies to influence KDMs to order additional
products to increase incremental sales and to obtain best in class
quality of merchandising locations.
Achieve all merchandising objectives executing customer specific
promotional plans to the sales floor using forward selling.
Partnership at store level is critical for TSL's to effectively
build, maintain and execute product on the sales floor, in addition
to merchandising and maintaining permanent secondary displays and
other display vehicles
Complete and submit reports of daily and weekly activities,
expenses, account changes, promotions and all administrative
functions within assigned territory using company approved methods
Strategy Development & Process Improvement
Develop and recommend strategies aimed to improve the overall
effectiveness of the territory, district and/or area business
activities. As requested, drive advocate partnerships within the
*This is a non-exhaustive list of duties, as some TSLs may perform
additional or different duties depending on a variety of factors.
Moreover, different TSLs may devote more or less time to any given
Work ScheduleThis role offers flexible work schedules based on
personal needs, territory needs and being present in stores when
KDMs are available. Your workday should overlap the core hours of
6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, unless otherwise
required by business needs.
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- 2-year Associate/Community College degree required OR 3 years
of previous sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully
perform essential duties/responsibilities, with or without a
- Must have a valid US state issued driver's license--- Must
reside or be willing to commute within territory boundaries
- Must be able to drive to make multiple sales calls on a daily
- Must be able to lift 10-40 lbs. on a regular basis with or
without reasonable accommodations--- Must be able to bend, kneel,
stoop down and demonstrate manual dexterity on a frequent basis
with or without reasonable accommodations
- Occasionally climb ladders
- Occasionally use equipment such as crushing balers, handheld
electric trucks--- Must be able to use tablet and other wireless
technology; some roles will require an intermediate level of
computer skills with the Microsoft Office products
- Must have daily access to wireless internet
- Must have flexibility and adaptability to changes in territory
- Occasional weekend work may be required during peak seasons and
select territories may require occasional overnight stays.The
Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The
Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants
and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race,
color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender
status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status,
genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected
by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected VeteransIf you require a
reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please
contact the HR Service Center (email@example.com).
Keywords: The Hershey Company, Jonesboro , Territory Sales Lead (Jonesboro, AR), Sales , Jonesboro, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!